ABOUT HEDAYAH’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The internship program at Hedayah has been in place since 2013. It has attracted individuals with international backgrounds from universities, both locally and globally. Interns are introduced to the means in which Hedayah tackles violent extremism and are provided hands-on experience in the day-to-day work to effectively achieve Hedayah’s mandate. They also actively contribute to Hedayah’s numerous programs and activities.
The program allows interns the opportunity to work directly with one of the departments at Hedayah, including dialogue and communications, capacity building programs and research and analysis. Hedayah interns are usually full-time undergraduate students, graduate students and/or individuals in their gap year.
The program ensures Hedayah is incorporating youth perspectives in advancing the efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism.
When can you intern?
Hedayah usually follows the standard university academic calendar (Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters), which indicates interns can join Hedayah during Fall (End of August – December), Spring (February – May) and Summer (end of May – August).
These time periods may vary on an individual basis. We strongly recommend applying at least one-two months before the month you would like to begin your internship and indicate your preference in your application. Please note our internships are unpaid and voluntary.
Please submit a CV and cover letter along with your application. Kindly note we will contact shortlisted candidates a few weeks after the submission deadline.
The Multimedia Intern will provide Hedayah with strong visual stories using video and animation to showcase its impact. The Intern will work closely with the Dialogue and Communications (Corporate Communications) department in support of Hedayah’s outreach overall.
- Responsible for creating and editing engaging video content
- Manage video pre- and post-production, scripting and camera work
- Edit video for a range of productions including features, interviews and promos
- Prepare video material for the website, social media and high-level meetings
- Proactively identify and pursue content for video production
- Contribute video planning activities to monthly content calendars
- Maintain video footage library
- Provide ad-hoc multimedia support to communications activities as needed
Skills, experience and qualifications required
- A strong, highly creative and unique multimedia portfolio and/or show-reel that includes video editing and animation
- Proven track record in post-production in line with industry standards, including access to, and fluency in, Adobe products and animation software
- The ability to operate video cameras, sound recording equipment and film is an advantage
- An educational background in a relevant discipline such as media production, visual arts and/or digital design is preferred but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills, proactive and the ability to work well under pressure
- Proven skills in converting complex text into creative multimedia stories
- Ability to work with stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds in the appropriate manner
- Fluent in English and Arabic