ABOUT HEDAYAH’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The internship program at Hedayah has been in place since 2013. It has attracted individuals with international backgrounds from universities, both locally and globally. Interns are introduced to the means in which Hedayah tackles violent extremism and are provided hands-on experience in the day-to-day work to effectively achieve Hedayah’s mandate. They also actively contribute to Hedayah’s numerous programs and activities.
The program allows interns the opportunity to work directly with one of the departments at Hedayah, including dialogue and communications, capacity building programs and research and analysis. Hedayah interns are usually full-time undergraduate students, graduate students and/or individuals in their gap year.
The program ensures Hedayah is incorporating youth perspectives in advancing the efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism.
When can you intern?
Hedayah usually follows the standard university academic calendar (Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters), which indicates interns can join Hedayah during Fall (End of August – December), Spring (February – May) and Summer (end of May – August).
These time periods may vary on an individual basis. We strongly recommend applying at least one-two months before the month you would like to begin your internship and indicate your preference in your application.
Please submit a CV and cover letter along with your application.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
- Assist in the implementation of Hedayah’s communications processes and procedures;
- Support in developing social media and media plans, in addition to creating graphics content for Hedayah initiatives online;
- Scanning the news on a regular basis for CVE-related content;
- Assist in the development, editing, and publication of the Hedayah publications;
- Work with international and national stakeholders in communicating Hedayah’s initiatives and conferencing schedules and concept notes;
- Assist departments with logistics for activities;
- Assist in the development, editing, and publishing of Hedayah publications.
- Fluent in English. Any other languages, particularly Arabic, will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred but not necessary;
- Skills in digital animation and/or video editing is a plus;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team;
- Ability to deal with several stakeholders coming from diverse cultural backgrounds in the appropriate manner;
- Results-driven and proactive personality;
- Interest in working in an international, multicultural environment;
- Interest in CVE preferred but not essential.